Welcome to our FAQs page.
Here you’ll find Fitness Playground & The Bunker’s safety initiatives for dealing with the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
When not in lockdown, all Fitness Playground locations can operate without a COVID Hygiene Marshall (following guidance from the government).
You can also view our Safety Guideline, which is our response to the changing landscape of the fitness industry.
What are the current government restrictions for gyms?
When not in lockdown, the restrictions placed on gyms are:
– 1 person per 4sqm
– A maximum of 30 people per class
How does this effect the timetable?
Due to the maximum class numbers, we regularly review class timetables and incrementally add classes to ensure everyone has an opportunity to attend classes.
What are the operational hours? Are gyms still 24/7?
When not in lockdown, Fitness Playground Surry Hills & Fitness Playground Marrickville operate:
– Monday to Sunday | 24 Hours
Fitness Playground Newtown operates:
– Monday to Friday | 5:45am – 10:00pm
– Saturday | 7:00am – 7:00pm
– Sunday | 8:00am – 5:00pm
The Bunker operates:
– Monday to Sunday | 6am - 10pm
What are each gym's staffed hours?
Fitness Playground gyms staffed hours:
– Monday to Friday | 6:00am – 7:00pm
– Saturday & Sunday | 8:00am – 5:00pm
The Bunker staffed hours:
– Monday to Friday | 10:00am - 7:00pm
– Saturday & Sunday | 8:00am - 5:00pm
What are the key changes that will affect me?
Since gyms were able to reopen in 2020, we’ve done our best to ensure that we’re operating as close to “normal” as possible. Here are some of the changes we’ve put in place:
– No Towel, No Play | If members arrive without a towel, they will be unable to train.
– Limited Changing Space | As we have communal change rooms in all locations, there will be limited availability, depending on usage. We ask that you arrive at the gym ready to train, and not be reliant on requiring access to the change-rooms for the immediate future.
– Water Fountains | Given that the COVID restrictions are ever-evolving, our communal water fountains are enabled or disabled dependent on the current situation.
What additional safety protocols have you implemented to combat COVID-19?
In addition to our already extensive cleaning and hygiene options available in the clubs, we have added the following protocols:
– Doubled our scheduled cleans in all locations
– Added hand sanitiser stations to gym entries
– Invested into innovative cleaning technologies in the form of Electrostatic Spray Guns, as well as Air Sanitising Units which “kill COVID in the sky.”
– Added additional spray disinfectant on the gym floor for cleaning equipment and benches between use
How are you enforcing Social Distancing within the gyms?
Social distancing within our gyms will be adhered to via the following means:
– Member Capacity | As mandated by the Government, each of our gyms will be limited to a capacity of 1 person per 4sqms. This will be monitored and controlled by our access gates, and access will be temporarily denied to any member trying to enter the facility after capacity has been met.
– Facility Layout | We have spent part of the lockdown in the gyms,
meticulously measuring each piece of equipment to ensure that it complies with the 1.5m social distancing rules. Some equipment has been moved and, in cases, machines will need to be closed off where there wasn’t enough space for them. We will continue to monitor the Government directives in this area and will open equipment back up for use when possible.
– Member Awareness | Of course, while we’ll do our best to ensure that social distancing paradigms are maintained, we cannot do this effectively if you, our members, don’t do you part. Member awareness and courtesy to fellow gym users will play a vital role to everyone being able to train safely in a post-COVID world.
Will there be safety equipment available in each gym?
Yes, all of our clubs will be stocked with both face masks and latex gloves for members to use should they feel the need to.
Have there been any cases of COVID-19 confirmed in any of your gyms?
No, we’ve had zero cases of COVID-19 present itself in any of our facilities.
Do you have an Outbreak Management plan in place?
Yes, should there be a confirmed case of a member having tested positive for COVID-19 arise after they’ve trained in one of our gyms, we have a comprehensive Outbreak Management plan in place that includes:
– Temporary closure of the gym
– Notification of staff and members of the confirmed case
– An emergency Forensic Clean (the highest grade clean available)
– ATP testing on all surfaces following the clean (which can test with 100% accuracy if there are any traces of COVID-19 on surfaces)
– Once the gym passes testing, the re-opening of the gym
Our Marrickville crèche is open, the open hours are:
– Monday | 9:00am – 1:00pm & 5.30pm – 7.30pm
– Tuesday | 9:00am – 1:00pm
– Wednesday | 9:00am – 1:00pm & 5.30pm – 7.30pm
– Thursday | 9:00am – 1:00pm
– Friday | 9:00am – 1:00pm
– Saturday | 8:00am – 12:00pm